Jesse A. Millard
7714 W. Crocus Drive, Peoria, Ariz. 85381
Education Graduated on Dec. 2015
Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication at the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication at Arizona State University
Insight Enterprises Marketing Specialist — Web Content Strategist & Writer: July 2018 – present
- Creates strategy and content for insight.com that’s based on stakeholder interviews, business objectives and competitor research.
- Conducts keyword research to boost organic page performance.
- Audits web page performance.
AZ Big Media Associate Editor: Dec. 2015 – July 2018
- Editor and writer of long-form stories for bi-monthly Az Business, AZRE magazines among other print publications
- Digitally produce stories through WordPress for website azbigmedia.com, edit newsletters daily, write social media on Facebook and Twitter to engage potential readers for stories
- Internship program coordinator: Fielding story ideas and assigning stories for interns, editing and publishing intern stories to web and print products
- Provide monthly analytic reports for website through Google Analytics and Facebook Insights
Phoenix Business Journal Editorial Intern: May 2015 – Aug. 2015
- Covered the local business community and changing business climate in Arizona
- Wrote industry trend articles, entrepreneur profiles, real estate reports and breaking news
Donald W. Reynolds National Center for Business Journalism Intern: May 2015 – Aug. 2015
- Wrote aggregate articles with national scope and transcribed conference speeches.
- Wrote headlines and meta-tags for site archives.
Arizona Republic Breaking News Reporter: Aug. 2014 – March 2015
- Covered criminal court cases, breaking news and public safety in the Phoenix Metro Area
- Set up content analytics dashboards for reporters and editors via Adobe Omniture
Cronkite News Consumer Reporter: Aug. 2015 – Dec. 2015
- Covered public health and consumer issues while working in multimedia minded environment
AZ Tech Beat Intern: Jan. 2015 – May 2015
- Covered the changing local Arizona technology and entrepreneur community
State Press Magazine Reporter, Blogger and Assistant Editor: Aug. 2013 – Dec. 2015
- Wrote long-form features, co-ran pitch meetings, edited stories and managed social media
Writing and reporting long-form stories under deadline; editor; videography and editing; photography; Adobe InCopy, Premiere and Photoshop; Office 365; social media fluency; fluent with digital format
References available upon request